The most common applications are mobile and web applications. The first, which is also known as a mobile app, was designed to be executed precisely on portable devices such as smartphones or tablets. The second, on the other hand, houses integrated systems that require more technical knowledge to be used.
And who are the people in charge of developing them? App Designers or application developers. Therefore, it is worth noting that this is a career whose demand seems to be increasing year after year. Therefore, we will tell you everything you need to know about how to become an App Designer so that you can take a leap into the digital labor market.
What is an App Designer?
An App Designer is a person behind all the applications you have on your mobile, and that enables you to use social networks, email, buy a college essay, play sports, play games, order food, etc.
It is he who, through his expertise in software management, creates and manages the online backbone, that is, the information, of a brand or company with the help of the main operating systems among which are Windows Phone, from Microsoft; Android, from Google and iOS, from Apple.
What does an App Designer do?
Among the functions assigned to an App Designer are:
- Interface development
- Designing mobile and web applications
- Doing both technical and functional work
- Working as a team with other developers and programmers
- Performing customer needs analysis and translating them into technical terms
- Implementing, maintaining, and updating new features of applications
What to study to become an App Designer?
Although there is no university degree that can be obtained to work as an application developer, there are training cycles, courses, and postgraduate courses in which you can acquire sufficient knowledge and that will add points to your resume. Google, for example, has a mobile app development course that includes certification.
Generally, the courses to become an App Designer last from 40 hours like the one we just mentioned above from Google or up to more than a year, in the case of specializations and higher education studies.
On the other hand, if you are already a computer scientist or work with information technologies, it is a good starting point so that, by adding a training cycle in this field, you can start to be part of the list of developers in the country.
What competencies and skills should an App Designer have?
To become an App Designer, it is necessary to have talent, but it is also essential to have the necessary skills and knowledge to develop successfully in a sector as demanding as this one. The more experience you have, the easier it will be to find your way in the labor market.
An App Designer should have the following competencies:
- Practice in software architecture.
- Experience running Java, Kotlin, Swift, etc.
- Should be familiar with server clients such as HTTP, WebServices, REST, etc.
- Database management
- Skills and attitudes to perform as a mobile and web developer
In addition to these capabilities you must have skills that keep you willing to:
- Make good planning of your tasks
- Put your creativity to the test, to make a difference among other developers
- Have a high dose of patience, since many times projects do not come out the first time
- Accept changes and adapt to them.
- Learn, because no matter how expert you are, every day you go to bed with a new learning experience
Where does an App Designer work?
Most App Designers work as freelancers. However, many companies prefer to have an in-house developer. The industries in which they are most in-demand are banking and financial services, telecommunications, electronics, online gaming, automotive, and medical technologies.
The prestigious profession of mobile app designer is in demand today in all areas of life. A designer who creates apps has career prospects. In the future, a specialist can head a group of developers or become an art director.
Large companies interested in competent specialists are ready to pay real professionals decent money. Don’t put off studying until tomorrow, because you can change your life for the better today.