Xbox Series S unable to launch Knockout City? You’ve landed on the right page! Consider this issue fixed!
Since the Xbox Series X and S both come with Quick Resume (and this feature has to do with copying data back and forth between the hard drive and RAM for quickly switching between different states of the console), games do crash more often.
When games don’t launch on Xbox Series S, it’s almost always a slight glitch in the system cache or memory rendering the console high and dry. By following the troubleshooting steps given in this guide, you will be able to “sort of” refresh your console’s memory (or get rid of the game’s cache that’s acting up) and put yourself back in the game in no time!
Handpicked for readers of Xbox-related articles! How to Tame a Fox in Minecraft
Unable to launch Knockout City on Xbox Series S? Follow these troubleshooting steps exactly in the order they are mentioned. Do not skip any step if you really wish to address game launch issues on Xbox Series S.
Click here to grab your copy of Knockout City!
Table of Contents
Hard Reset Xbox Series S to Fix Knockout City Not Launching
Whenever a game refuses to launch on Xbox Series S, the very first step for addressing the issue would be to perform a hard reset. I’m pretty sure you already know what hard resetting is if you had ever owned an Xbox One. Hard resetting fixes almost everything on Xbox consoles (except for the hardware issues). To perform a hard reset, follow the instructions below.
- Most of the owners prefer to keep their Xbox Series S ‘Instant On’ mode. Therefore, simply bringing up the ‘What do you want to do?’ menu by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller and choosing ‘Turn off console’ will put the console into sleep instead of turning it off entirely. Therefore, you will have to manually shut the console down from Settings. Highlight the ‘Cog’ icon tile and press the ‘A’ button on your controller to launch ‘Settings’.
- In the General section, highlight the ‘Power mode and startup’ tab and tap the ‘A’ button again.
- Choose the second last option that says ‘Full Shutdown’ in the window that comes up.
- When the fans on the Xbox Series S stop spinning, it means the console has been fully shut down and now, it’s safe to cut the power supply to the console’s motherboard. Make sure that you pull the console’s cord off the socket.
- Boot your console back up and see if Knockout City launches normally.
Clear Cache of Knockout City
If your Xbox Series S is still unable to launch Knockout City, you will have to tamper with the game’s cached files. In short, you will be deleting the preexisting cache and forcing the game to create a new copy when it launches next time. Deleting a game’s cache file involves no rocket science on Xbox Series S. It’s fairly easy!
- Tap the Xbox button and go back to the Home Screen.
- Head to ‘My Games and Apps’ section.
- Locate Knockout City in your console’s library.
- Once Knockout City’s tile has been highlighted, tap the ‘3-bar’ icon to access additional settings for the game. In the list that pops up, highlight ‘Manage game and add-ons’ then tap ‘A’.
- Access the game’s ‘Saved data’ and choose ‘Delete all’.
There you have it! You have cleared the cache associated with Knockout City from your Xbox Series S. Now, it’s time to relaunch the game and see if it works. Still no signs of the game starting? Step 3 comes to the rescue!
Check out our recommendation! How to Fix the Bluetooth not available Mac Issue
Download a Fresh Copy of Knockout City for Xbox Series S
Even after performing a hard reset followed by clearing the cache of Knockout City on Xbox Series S, if the game still isn’t launching, you might want to entirely wipe the game’s data from your console’s SSD and reinstall it from the Microsoft Store. Installing a fresh copy from the Microsoft Store ensures that:
- You will be getting the latest version of the game with most of the additional content.
- Glitched or corrupt installation files (if any) are removed upon uninstalling the game. The newly downloaded files are almost always glitch-free.
Here are the instructions for reinstalling Knockout City on Xbox Series S.
- Head to the ‘My Games and Apps’ window and change the viewing option to see all your purchased games in one place.
- Highlight the tile of Knockout City in the list of games under ‘Ready to Install’ division then tap ‘A’ and finally choose ‘Install’ in the window that pops up.
- The game will now be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Put your console in sleep mode (if your console is in ‘Instant on’ mode, choose ‘Turn off console’ in the menu that pops up after holding Xbox button for about 2 seconds) where the download speed will be significantly better.
Restart the console after the game is downloaded and try launching it. Let us know in the comments if the game is still acting up on your Xbox Series S.