If you want to record PS4 Gameplay and are confused about where to begin, then this is the article that is going to help you record your first-ever gameplay on PS4. We’ll be deep-diving into the step-by-step procedure of recording your gameplay. Through recording your gameplay, you’ll be able to show your gaming skills to your friends and followers and, you’ll be helping new gamers in completing or unlocking new levels in games. So, without wasting time, let’s directly jump to the procedure.
Table of Contents
Look Over PS4 Video Settings to Record Gameplay
Recording a game clip on the PS4 is a very simple process. You can record gameplays without any external device because the recording feature is already present in the PS4. Before you start recording your games, you need to check the video settings of the PS4. You need to make sure that the video settings are calibrated according to your needs.
To alter the video settings on your PS4 you just need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Press the SHARE button on your Sony DualShock controller.
- Broadcast and Sharing Settings will appear on the screen.
- You can now regulate the length of your video clip, audio sharing settings, screenshot settings.
Methods to Record PS4 Gameplay
Now when you are done with the video setting adjustments, you can go ahead with the gameplay recording. PS4 offers HD quality video recordings so there is no need for any external hardware. But in case you want your video clips to make some money for you and you are thinking to upload those video clips on YouTube or any social media, then we advise you to invest in some quality hardware devices for better video quality.
Here are the two most straightforward methods to record your PS4 gameplay.
Recommended for you! Red Dead Redemption 3: Is Rockstar Working on A New RDR Game?
Record Using SHARE Button on Your DualShock 4 Controller
If you are interested in recording a certain part of a game that you are playing, then this is the option you were looking for! Just go through the below-listed steps.
- Just start the game that you wish to record.
- When you are in the game and want to start the recording process, just hit the SHARE button twice on your DualShock Controller. A small icon will appear on the left side of the screen indicating that the Gameplay recording has started.
- The gameplay recording will stop according to the length of the video clip that you have set in the video settings earlier. Sometimes, you may want to stop the recording manually, to do so just hit the SHARE Button once and you will receive a notification indicating that the recording has been stopped and the clip has been saved. You can easily access the saved clips in the Capture Gallery.
Why don’t you take a break here and learn about Kindle? Check out ‘How to Cancel Kindle Unlimited In A Few Easy Steps‘!
Save the Last Few Minutes of Your PS4 Gameplay
This option is for those gamers who have experienced something magnificent while playing the game but haven’t pressed the SHARE button to record the moment. PS4 has an amazing feature that automatically records the last 15 minutes of the gameplay so that the gamers don’t miss the recording of the climax. The length of the recording can be altered as long as 60 minutes and as short as 30 seconds.
Note: The last minutes of the gameplay recorded by the PS4 are not automatically saved in the Capture Gallery and you need to follow some steps which are mentioned below.
- Open the Share menu by pressing the SHARE button.
- You will see an option “Save Video Clip”. Click on it and your gameplay will be saved in the Capture Gallery.
How to Share Your Recorded PS4 Gameplays
Finally, you have recorded the gameplay and now you want to share it with your friends & followers. Video clips are stored in Capture Gallery & PS4 gives you an option to edit your clips before you post or share them. Here is the process to trim your video clips on PS4.
- Press PS button on your Controller to switch to the Home Screen of your PS4.
- Select the Capture Gallery.
- In the Capture Gallery Folder, search for the desired video to be edited.
- Press the OPTIONS button on your controller.
- In the Options menu, you’ll notice an option “Trim”.
- After selecting the Trim option you’ll see a Trim Section where you can choose the starting & ending of your video clip.
- After you have altered the clip, you can either directly save the clip or you can overwrite the old video clip.
- Now, once the video is finally edited and saved, you can share the clip by hitting the SHARE button on the DualShock Controller.
- After pressing the SHARE button, you will see a list of social media services. Select your desired social media service and follow the instructions to complete the sharing process.