If you are eager to redeem a game code on PS4 and confused about where to begin then you are at the right place. Redeeming a PS4 code is a very easy and straightforward process. It is as easy as just typing the code and pressing the ‘Confirm’ button. So, let’s quickly move towards the steps that need to be followed.
Table of Contents
Understanding PS4 Codes
PS4 code is a combination of English alphabets and numbers offered by Sony, which is used by gamers to access PS Plus membership, vouchers, DLCs, PS Store Credit, etc. If you have just bought a new PS4 and you check the packaging box from top to bottom, you are most likely to find a PS4 code that comes along with every new PS4. You can utilize that code to redeem DLCs or discounts or something else.
Recommended for you! How to Download Twitch Clips?
When Does a Code Get Redeemed to Your Account?
The PS4 code that you are going to redeem must be a valid one. Every PS4 code is a unique code that, once redeemed, cannot be redeemed again. Once you’ve entered a genuine PS4 code, the code gets activated automatically. PS4 code can either be redeemed on the console itself or you can redeem it on the official website of Sony PlayStation or in the PlayStation app on Android.
Methods to Redeem a PS4 Code
Further, in this guide, we’ve discussed 3 methods to redeem a game code on PS4. All the 3 methods are explained in a detailed manner. Just follow along.
Redeem a Game Code on the PS4 System
After you have finally set up the PS4 system, it’s time to redeem the free PS4 code that you got with the PS4. Just follow the steps mentioned below & you’re done.
- Switch to PS4 Home screen.
- Select the PlayStation Store icon.
- A page will appear with a lot of options. In that page, just find ‘Redeem Codes’ option and choose it.
- A new page will appear, which will ask you to enter the code.
(Note: PS4 codes are not case sensitive and also make sure that you don’t include hyphens.)
- Once you have entered the PS4 code, hit the R2 trigger button on your DualShock 4 controller.
- Finally, choose Continue then Confirm in the next step.
When you have finally redeemed the code, you’ll get a choice to download a game or some DLC.
Also check this one out! Nintendo Switch Not Charging – How To Fix Charging Issue On Nintendo Switch
Redeem a PS4 Code Through Sony PlayStation Website
There is one more method to redeem a PS4 code which is by making use of a web browser. You can access the official website of Sony PlayStation either through your smartphone or desktop browser. To redeem a code through a web browser, just follow along.
- Launch the browser on your smartphone/computer.
- Log in to the official Sony PlayStation Network Webpage.
- If you are not logged into your PlayStation account, then just select the Sign In option on top of the screen.
- Enter your user ID and password in the account credentials box. Verify your identity in the next step if needed.
- You will see your profile image on the screen and click on that to see additional options.
- In the Additional Options section, click on Redeem Codes.
You will be redirected to the PlayStation Store page. Type your PS4 code in the redeem column and press enter.
Click here to redeem a PS4 code on the web!
Once you’ve redeemed the code through the webpage, your DLC or game will start to download on your PS4. Make sure your PlayStation is turned on so that the content gets downloaded, or your content will start to download once you turn on your PS4.
Redeem a Game Code Through PlayStation App
The Sony PlayStation app makes it easier for a user to redeem a PS4 code. The app is user-friendly, and the app can easily be downloaded on any iOS or Android phone.
PlayStation app is completely free, which is available both on Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. The only thing you need to do is just install the application and sign in to your PlayStation account. Here is the 5-step process to redeem a PS4 code through the PlayStation app.
- After installing the PlayStation app on your smartphone, launch the application.
- On your smartphone screen, you’ll notice a PlayStation mark at the bottom. Just click on it.
- Select the More Options icon located at the top right corner.
- Tap on ‘Redeem Codes’ option.
- Type your code and you’re done.
You can also redeem a PS4 code with the help of QR cryptograph. Try launching the camera app on your smartphone and the PS4 code will be entered automatically in the Sony PlayStation application once you scan the QR code. In some cases, this option is unavailable because your phone may be unable to scan the QR code. If that happens, you can enter the code manually as explained in the above steps.