Optifine is one of the best mods and standalone configurations for Minecraft. It makes Minecraft look a whole lot better and improves its performance. You also get access to a ton of video options like dynamic lighting to make an already great game feel better. Today, we will teach you how to install Optifine mod to help you get the best Minecraft experience.
Do note that Optifine is for the PC version of Minecraft only, and you will not be able to take advantage of the mod on any other platform. In addition to being a PC exclusive mod, you also need to have the Java version of the game installed instead of the Windows 10 variant. Also, by using your minecraft PC it will be quick. A version is also available for Mac users if you play on Apple’s desktop platform.
Installing Kodi On Xbox One Simplified
How To Activate Pluto TV To View Free Content
How to Install Optifine
To install Optifine, you first need to install the mod on your Windows or Mac OS.
- Head to the official repository and download the latest version of Optifine.
- Download the latest Optifine HD Ultra executable.
- In the next page, skip the ad and let the download initiate.
- Accept the download safe if it is flagged.
Before installation, ensure that you are running the latest version of Minecraft. You can head to the Minecraft launcher and update it manually. If you are not using Minecraft Forge already, you need to download it. It is completely optional, and if you want to run Minecraft as a separate config for Optifine, you need not download Forge.
For Minecraft Forge Users:
Head to the Minecraft Launcher and do the following:
- Head to the installations tab.
- Click on the latest release and the three dots icon.
- From the info page of Minecraft, choose the Game Directory option.
- Open the mods folder.
- Paste the Optifine installer.
- Open Minecraft Forge
- Click on Play.
For Standalone Optifine Users (Windows Only)
- Open the Optifine setup file.
- Locate the .minecraft folder
- It is typically located in the C:\Users\username\Appdata\Roaming\.minecraft folder.
- Simply replace username with your Windows username, and you should be good to go.
- Click on Install
How to Install Optifine Mod and Play Minecraft
To play your new Optifine version of Minecraft, you need to head to the news section of your Minecraft launcher.
- Click on the upwards pointing arrow beside the Play icon.
- Choose the Optifine configuration.
- Click on Play.
We hope you now know how to install Optifine. Do enjoy what the mod has to offer for your Minecraft experience. For more gaming news and tech, updates, stay tuned to Gamer Suffice.