Destiny 2 is a popular online multiplayer first-person shooter game developed by Bungie. Set in a futuristic, science-fiction world, players take on the role of Guardians, protectors of humanity’s last safe city. With engaging audio, stunning visuals, and an ever-evolving storyline, Destiny 2 offers hours of excitement and challenges for players of all skill levels. In this Destiny 2 beginner’s guide, we’ll help you get started in the game by covering the basics, character classes, combat, and various game modes and activities.
Table of Contents
Destiny 2 Versions: Choose Your Adventure
There are several versions of Destiny 2 available to cater to players with different preferences and budgets:
- Destiny 2: The base game, which includes a rich storyline and a variety of game modes.
- Legacy Collection: A bundle that contains the base game and all previous expansions, offering a comprehensive experience.
- The Witch Queen Expansion: The latest expansion that adds new content, weapons, armor, and activities to the game.
When deciding which version to choose, consider your budget, interests, and whether you want access to the most recent content. The base game offers a solid starting point, while the Legacy Collection and The Witch Queen Expansion provide additional depth and variety for dedicated players.
Character Class: Choose Your Guardian
As a new player, your first step is to choose a character class. There are three main options, each with its own unique abilities and playstyle:
Known for their incredible strength and resilience, Titans excel in close-quarters combat. They can deploy protective barriers and unleash devastating ground slams, making them an excellent frontline choice.
Agile and stealthy, Hunters are masters of precision and evasion, perfect for hit-and-run tactics. They can quickly disengage from combat using evasive maneuvers and deal massive damage with their precise shots.
Harnessing the power of arcane energies, Warlocks are versatile spellcasters with potent support and damage capabilities. They can heal and empower their allies or unleash deadly area-of-effect spells to decimate their enemies.
Each class also has multiple subclasses, allowing you to further customize your playstyle. Experiment with different combinations to find the one that suits you best.
Combat Basics: Mastering the Art of Battle
In Destiny 2, combat is fast-paced and varied. Players will encounter various enemy ranks, ranging from lowly grunts to powerful bosses. Your arsenal includes different types of guns, such as auto rifles, hand cannons, and sniper rifles, as well as melee abilities for close-quarters combat. Check out these Destiny 2 tips for beginners to get a better understanding of the game’s mechanics:
- Pay attention to enemy ranks and prioritize high-value targets.
- Experiment with different weapon types to find your preferred playstyle.
- Use your melee abilities strategically to turn the tide of battle.
- Manage your abilities and resources effectively to maximize your combat potential.
- Coordinate with your teammates to overcome challenging encounters.
Champions are a unique type of enemy that you’ll encounter in higher-level activities. They possess special abilities such as Barrier, Overload, or Unstoppable, which require specific weapon mods or abilities to counter effectively. Be prepared to adapt your tactics when facing these formidable foes. If you’re looking to level up in your favorite game but need some expert guidance, a Destiny 2 carry service might be the answer. These services provide access to skilled players who can help you reach your desired rank with ease.
Game Modes and Activities: A World of Endless Possibilities
Destiny 2 offers a plethora of game modes and activities to suit every player’s preferences. From casual exploration to high-stakes competition, there’s something for everyone:
- Patrol Zones: Open-world areas where you can freely explore, complete bounties, and participate in public events.
- Public Events: Time-limited activities that require teamwork to complete, offering unique rewards upon success.
- Lost Sectors: Hidden dungeons scattered throughout the game world, containing powerful enemies and valuable loot.
- Campaign Missions: Story-driven quests that help you progress through the game’s narrative and develop your character.
- Seasonal Activities: Limited-time events that offer unique challenges, rewards, and opportunities to engage with other players.
- Strikes: Cooperative missions for up to three players, pitting teams against powerful bosses and rewarding teamwork and coordination.
- Trials of Osiris: A competitive PvP mode where skilled players battle for exclusive rewards and bragging rights.
- Dungeons: Challenging, multi-stage activities that require teamwork, skill, and knowledge of game mechanics to overcome.
- Raids: Epic six-player activities with complex mechanics, challenging encounters, and highly sought-after rewards.
- Exotic Quests: Special missions that offer unique, powerful weapons and armor as rewards, often featuring intricate puzzles or difficult challenges.
Crucible: Test Your Skills in Player-vs-Player Combat
For those who enjoy competitive play, Destiny 2 offers the Crucible. In this player-vs-player (PvP) mode, Guardians face off against one another in various match types, such as Control, Clash, and Elimination. Earn Valor or Glory points by winning matches, and use these points to obtain exclusive rewards and improve your rank.
Gambit: A Unique Blend of PvP and PvE
Gambit is a hybrid game mode that combines elements of both player-vs-environment (PvE) and player-vs-player (PvP) gameplay. Two teams of four players compete to defeat AI-controlled enemies, collect motes, and bank them to summon a powerful boss known as the Primeval. During the match, players can invade the opposing team’s side to disrupt their progress and gain an advantage.
Clans and Social Features: Forge Lasting Bonds
Destiny 2 encourages social interaction and cooperation, allowing players to join or create Clans. Clans are groups of players who can work together to complete activities, earn rewards, and share in each other’s accomplishments. By joining a Clan, you can more easily find teammates for challenging content and foster a sense of camaraderie with fellow Guardians.
The Tower: Your Home Base and Hub
The Tower serves as the main social hub and home base for Guardians in Destiny 2. Here, you can interact with other players, visit vendors to purchase gear and items, and accept quests and bounties. The Tower also houses the Vault, where you can store excess gear and weapons, as well as the Postmaster, who holds items that you may have missed during your adventures.
Destiny 2 Power Leveling: Progress and Grow Stronger
In Destiny 2, your Guardian’s power level represents their overall strength and combat effectiveness. By acquiring and upgrading weapons, armor, and other equipment, you can increase your power level and tackle more challenging content.